Tax audits got you down? Try some of these relaxing scandal-free activities in our nation’s capital.
1.Visit the National Gallery of Canada and the Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography.
2. Take in any of Ottawa’s amazing festivals such as Winterlude
3. See a play at the NAC (National Arts Center)
4. Try a downtown boutique hotel such as Hotel Indigo or stay at the Brookstreet Hotel for the excellent food,outdoor pool, spa, and golf. Golf on site at The Marshes or at the Stonebridge Golf Course.
5. Check out the underground museum, The Diefenbunker, for a look into Canada’s secret cold war past.
6. While in the area, hike the Gatineau Park trails and brunch at Cafe Soupe’Herbe.
7. Cycle the Rideau Canal.
8. Visit the shops and new restaurants of Ottawa’s West End district
9. Stop at the historic ByWard Market for the best and cheapest maple syrup in the country.
10. Visit the Parliament buildings.
For more info, contact Ottawa Tourism at: 1.888.OTTAWA8 (1-888-688-2928) http://www.ottawatourism.ca.
From Toronto, take the relaxing four-hour Via Rail trip, book early for substantial savings.