Just what makes the Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida an activecitytravel.com favorite?
For starters, the Sandpearl Resort is the first luxury property on Clearwater Beach in 25 years. Newly opened in August 2007, the Sandpearl occupies 700 feet of white sand on Florida’s Gulf Coast next to a new mile – long beach boardwalk.
Part of the “Florida Green Lodging Program”, the Sandpearl is made of eco – friendly building materials and uses green cleaning products so guests breathe easier in the 253 rooms and suites set on eight floors.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design hotels adhere to strict guidelines regarding environmental protection and sustainability. To this end, the Sandpearl Resort incorporates an aggressive recycling program and energy conservation measures using chilled water and heat recovery exhaust systems for temperature control. To fully appreciate these measures, guests are offered back of the house, LEED tours.
Guest rooms have high ceilings, and most have balconies with gulf and pool views, full gulf views or bay views. The two and three bedroom suites have two balconies and full kitchens. These accommodations rates range from $200 to $400 per night. But it’s worth it to check the website often for deals.
Dining at the Sandpearl Resort:
The three restaurants include:
- Caretta on the Gulf (fine dining) has indoor and outdoor gulf view seating and specializes in fresh, local and innovative seafood sushi.
- Tate Island Grill (casual dining) sitting pool side on the beach serves burgers and veggie dishes in a laid back, beach bar atmosphere.
- The Marketplace (casual) has fair trade, organic coffee and healthy sandwiches and pastries
Special Activities and Amenities at the Sandpearl Resort:
- · Beach front, lagoon – style, ozone pool and five private cabanas
- · 11, 000 square foot full service thalasso (ocean) therapy spa with ocean side massage using crushed pearl paste
- · Beach campfire and storytelling evenings
- · Guided evening beach walk/nature tours/ astronomy nights
- Near The Clearwater Marine Aquarium
Good to Know About The Sandpearl Resort:
- · Avid hikers (and cyclists) can reach Caladesi Island State Park via a two-hour beach hike from the Sandpearl Resort
- · The $ 25.00 all you can eat sushi at Caretta’s is the best dining value in Clearwater Beach
- · Children’s theme camps/childcare available
- · Air conditioning cuts off automatically when balconies doors are left open
Getting to the Sandpearl Resort
The Sandpearl Resort is 21 miles west of Tampa International Airport and 12 miles north west of St. Petersburg – Clearwater International Airport.
Contact the Sandpearl Resort
500 Mandalay Avenue, Clearwater Beach, Florida 33767
- Local Phone: (727) 441-2425
- Reservations: (877) 726-3111
For more Florida vacation ideas see: