Compared to other Ontario waterside destinations, Lake Huron on Ontario’s West Coast offers many great activities at excellent prices. Here are some of your best options for staying, eating and playing on Lake Huron.
- Twin Porches Bed (no Breakfast) in Goderich (budget)
- Albion Bed and Breakfast, Goderich (moderate)
- Brentwood on the Beach Bed and Breakfast, Zurich (splurge)
- Bailey’s, Thyme 21 (Goderich) and F.I.N.E. (Grand Bend)
- Locally raised turkey burger at The Albion Hotel in Bayfield
- St. Jacob’s Apple Pie ice cream cones from the ice cream stand on the south side of the square in Bayfield (located between Goderich and Grand Bend)
- Belgium chocolate buns and giant homemade peanut butter cookies at the Goderich Sunday market
- Lunch at the Black Dog Pub and Bistro in Bayfield
- Visit Pinery Provincial Park – for the scenic drive along the river, the lake and miles of hiking/biking trails and great fishing
- Swim/walk/fish the miles of unspoilt white sand beaches – which you’ll mostly have to yourself
- See stars and sunsets
- Golf natures best courses at Maitland Country Club on the river in Goderich and Woodlands Links in Clinton. Play like the pros on the uber-groomed and undulating greens at Seaforth.
- Party hearty in Grand Bend
- Shop the Bayfield boutiques
- Hike the Bayfield area trails
- Hunt antiques at the weekend markets
- Check out the Zurich Bean Festival
For more info, contact Huron County Tourism at 1.888.524.8394 or www.ontarioswestcoast.ca.