A winter trip to Las Vegas is about so much more than gambling. Following are the best reasons to start your vacation here:
1. More non stop, cheap flights are available to Las Vegas from almost anywhere in North America. Canadians, see aircanada.ca and westjet.ca.
2. Cheap car rentals: compared to other cities, car rentals are less expensive by hundreds of dollars per week.
3. J .W. Marriott’s excellent golf packages: Play three top Vegas courses with a free shuttle to each and to the 19th hole on the strip.
4. Best steak house on the planet, The Strip House Restaurant puts all others to shame. Take a few friends to share the 24-layer chocolate cake after downing signature dishes of New York strip served with goose fat potatoes.
5. Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area: This 13-mile scenic loop offers great hiking, picnic sites and photo ops at minimal costs, minutes from Vegas.
6. The Neon Boneyard: Check out the vintage neon signs from Las Vegas’s storied past on a guided tour over a 2 acre outdoor city lot.
7. Scenic drive to The Grand Canyon
8. Easy access to Bryce Canyon, Utah and the Red Rock Golf Trail starting in St George, Utah with green fees from $30.00 on beautiful canyon tracks.
9. Two hours puts you into Palm Springs with a slew of colorful 50’s motels to choose from all within walking distance to the downtown strip and the Contemporary Art Museum and adjoining hillside hiking trails.
10. Fast highway access to Phoenix and Tucson